Local Government Units

Province of Cotabato Congressional Districts

First District

Alamada
Alamada-Seal

The Municipality was created pursuant to Republic Act 5645 passed by the Senate on May 20, 1969 and the House of Representative on May 22, 1969.  Its name was adopted in memory and in honor of the late powerful ruler, Datu Amaybulyok Alamada.  He was the leader who fought against the foreign oppression and tyranny.  The Datu was recognized as one of the fiery rulers by the Iranon and the Dalaman who were scattered throughout the Northern Part of the Municipalities of Pigcawayan, Libungan, Sultan Kudarat and in Kitacubong (now Poblacion) as the seat of his Kingdom.

Prior to its creation as a Municipality, the area was a pilot project of the late President Ramon Magsaysay.  It was a resettlement area for HUK surrenderees.   Prior to its creation as a Municipality the area was a pilot project of the late President Ramon Magsaysay.  It was also a public land as declared by then President Elpidio Quirino on March 10, 1953.  It was declared as a resettlement site under Proclamation No. 376.  After its declaration as a resettlement area, President Quirino designated the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) to implement the ‘Land for the Landless’ program.

Geography
The Municipality of Alamada is bounded on the north by the Province of Lanao del Sur, on the south by the Municipality of Libungan, on the East by the Municipality of Banisilan and on the west by the Municipality of Pigcawayan and Buldon of Maguindanao Province. The 78,750 hectares of land area was distributed to the 17 barangay. Generally , Alamada is highly elevated and its characterized by rolling, hilly and undulating terrain.

Natural Resources
Its agricultural products are corn, coconuts, rice, banana, carrots, irish potato, mango and other crops, minerals are also found in the areas such as manganese.

Major Industries
Alamada is basically agricultural as its land is cultivated for corn, upland rice, bananas, palm oil, and rubber. Thus its people activities are devoted to agriculture. A corn producing municipality. Livestock and poultry production is also another agricultural activities. Visit Website

Aleosan
Aleosan-logo

The name Aleosan is an acronym derived from the three(3) flourishing towns of Iloilo; A is for Alimodian, LEO is for Leon and SAN for San Miguel where majority of the early Christian settlers came from. The seat of the municipal government is in barangay San Mateo.

Parliamentary bill no. 670 authored by Assemblyman Jesus P. Amparo and co-authored by assemblymen Blah T. Sinsuat, Ernesto F. Roldan and Tomas B. Baga Jr. sought to establish and create the Municipality of Aleosan in the Province of Cotabato, which was ultimately approved and signed into law Batas Pambansa bilang 206 on April 6, 1982. For purposes of ratification, Proclamation No. 2188 was signed by President Ferdinand E. Marcos on April 29, 1982. A plebiscite was conducted on May 7, 1982 which was unanimously confirmed the desire and aspiration of the people in the nineteen (19) barangays to become a distinct and regular municipality from Pikit its mother municipality.

Geography
Aleosan is within the political boundary of Cotabato Province. It is approximately sixty-five (65) kilometers from the capital town of Amas which is barely two (2) hours ride from the seat of its municipal government. It is bounded on the west by Midsayap; on the north by Libungan and on the east and south by Pikit.

Natural Resources
Aleosan is a progressive agricultural community with barangay and feeder roads extending into the inner portions of the town. Transport of agricultural products, mainly vegetables root crops, fruits, rice and corn was made convenient which was several years ago, done in carabao slide and horse back. Visit Website

Libungan
Libungan

 The Municipality of Libungan in early times had different names. Originally, it was known by its settlers as “dadas” meaning road down by the river. Other settlers called it “Limbungan”, meaning “cheaters” because during early times, the river changed its course damaging the crops and cheating the farmers in the area. From then on. It was called Libungan.

Geography
Libungan is located in the northwestern part of the Province of Cotabato with Libungan River as the main boundary from the Municipalities of Alamada, Banisilan and Carmen.

Natural Resources
The agricultural land in the municipality is planted with rice, corn and a hundred hectares to the traditional white corn variety. Coconut, mango and banana are also planted in the semi-sloping and upland areas. Visit Website

Midsayap
midsayap

Midsayap was derived from a native term which means (Mid) Center and (Sayap) Hat. Midsayap means a hat at the center – just like a hill centrally located at the Municipality which slopes through the plains in a shape of a hat. Other version relates that Midsayap came from a Muslim term which means “person wearing a hat.” From 1912 to 1926, Midsayap was then a district of Dulawan and Pikit. This is the reason why land titles are marked “Dulawan Cadastre.”

Originally, Midsayap was inhabited by Muslims from the descendants of Sultan Mohamad Bayao from the lineage of the great Sultan Moh. The seat of their Sultanate was established at Libungan Toreta (now part of Pigcawayan) at the residence of Datu Guiambangan Bayao the eldest son of Sultan Moh Bayao.

The concept making Midsayap a separate political district from mother municipalities of Dulawan and Pikit was envisioned in 1930 by a group of Christian P.C. enlisted men who were assigned at Camp Ward. Their efforts together with the support pf the Deputy Governor and Military Governor was only realized in 1936.

Pursuant to EXECUTIVE Order No. 66 November 25, 1936, Midsayap was created as a separate Municipality. On January 1, 1937, it was inaugurated the first appointed Municipal Mayor Lorenzo Gonzalez.

Geography
Midsayap is geographically located on the Southwestern portion of Cotabato Province. It is bounded on the North by the Municipality of Libungan; on the South by the Rio Grande de Mindanao; on the East by the municipalities of Aleosan and Pikit; and on the West by the Municipality of Kabuntalan.

Midsayap is approximately 47 kilometers away from Cotabato City and some 174 kilometers from Davao City, two of the major urban centers in Mindanao. It is about 64 kilometers away from Kidapawan City, the seat of the Provincial Government

Economy
Characterized to have a clay type of soil that is best suited for agricultural use, most (42.03 percent) of the town’s land area are devoted to agricultural production. The lowland areas were planted with rice and other seasonal crops while the upland areas were planted with permanent crops. Agricultural products of the town include rice, corn, mango, coffee, coconut, banana, vegetables and root crops.

Aside from the thriving agriculture industry, Midsayap also boasts of its other industries such as cut flowers and ornamental plants, livestock and poultry, furnitures and decorative crafts and telecommunications. It is also a potential area for putting up other industries such as fruit and meat processing as well as oil palm plantation and processing.

Strategically located, Midsayap serves as a major commercial and trading center of the province where farmers from neighboring municipalities bring their agricultural products to be sold/traded. Visit Website

Pikit
PIKIT-LOGO

The name “Pikit” was given to the place by the Spaniards. It was formerly called by the natives “Malasiquit” because it was situated within the shadows of hills situated to each other.

Under the Osmeña Colony Act of 1912, Pikit was founded on June 17, 1913 by the first Christian Filipino Colonists from the Province of Cebu, About one hundred twenty Cebuanos came under the Colony Agent, Vicente Lozada, The first batch of colonists from Cebu arrived at Fort Pikit after two days of sailing on board a river boat called “Hall”, followed the Rio Grande de Mindanao.

The very Rio Grande River where the colonists landed is now a corn field. It became dry land due to the cut-off river found in Kulanguan, Tunggol, Pagalungan, Maguindanao.

The first batch of colonists were distributed at Ladtingan, Calawag, Ginatilan, Panicupan, Manding and Inug-ug .They belonged to Colony No. 1

Other colonists followed in 1914 up to 1915 and they were assigned in the following colonies, Colony No. 2 (Paidu Pulangi) Colony no. 3 (Silik) Colony No. 4 (Makasendeg) Colony No. 5 (Pagalungan) and Colony No.7 (Talitay).

In 1924, the colonists began to fight for the townsite and local autonomy, for the creation of Pikit into a regular municipality.

In 1928, the Colony Administration was turned over to the Bureau of Lands. Pikit was created a Municipal District, including the new municipality of Pagalungan.

In 1935, the construction of the Cotabato-Davao national Highway helped enhance the progress of this town. This road passes through the heart of Pikit. It afforded a faster and more convenient means of transportation and shipment of farm products.

In the early part of 1947 this Municipal District was created into a regular municipality, as the Municipality of Pagalungan and Pikit as a barrio, Mr. Gorgonio P. Initan was the first appointed mayor who was also the first elected mayor because this year was also the election of the municipal officials. The seat of Government was in Pagalungan.

On May 9, 1948, the Barrio Planning Personnel accompanied by Atty. Sergio F. Tocao, came to Pikit. This marked the triumph of the colonists for the establishment of Manding as a townsite.

In Sept. 29, 1949, Pikit was created a regular municipality by Executive Proclamation with Manding as the seat of the municipal government. This ended the struggle of the colonists and marked the fulfillment of their aspirations. Pikit was created out of the municipality of Pagalungan.

Pikit was proclaimed into a regular municipality thru the efforts of the late Congressman Gumbay Piang and Governor Duma Sinsuat by virtue of Executive Order No. 270 with its townsite at Manding .

Geography
The municipality is bounded on the north by the Municipality of Aleosan, on the south by Pagalungan, Maguindanao, on the west by Liguasan Marsh and on the east by the Municipality of Kabacan.

Industry
A major producer of corn with area planted of 5,074 hectares and production of 13,310 tons per year. The municipality is also a major producer of coconut and freshwater fish. Coconut meat or copra is made from mature coconut nuts. It is done by splitting the nut and drying the coconut meat by solar drying or by the use of dryers. Upon reaching a moisture content of about 14 to 16 % , it is packed in PE sacks of 50 to 60 kg in weight. Copra is the major raw material used in production of refined edible cooking oil and other coconut based products.

Pigcawayan
Piccawayan

Before its creation as a separate and independent Political Unit, Pigcawayan together with Alamada and Libungan were component barangays of Midsayap. Pigcawayan, however at that time was more progressive than the two mentioned.

How Pigcawayan got its name remains undocumented, however two version had been given by the early settlers which was passed on from one generation to another.
The first version was that, the place now known as Pigcawayan was considered as a battle ground for the Iranons and the Maguindanaoans. Due to this fighting the inhabitants would abandon the place to be occupied by the victors. From this evolved the Muslim word “Pighawaan” which meant an abandoned place.

The second version, refers to an incident when an American School Superintendent visited the place. By coincidence it was also the time when folks were roasting a pig with the use of bamboo pole rotated over live charcoal. The word pig bamboo as said by the superintendent was translated into the local dialect Pigcawayan the present name of the municipality.

Geography
Pigcawayan is the last municipality of Cotabato Province coming from Davao City to Cotabato City. It is 26 kilometers from Cotabato City, 32 kilometers from Awang Airport and 30 kilometers awat from the nearest seaport which is the Polloc Port of Parang in Maguindanao.

Industries
The Municipality of Pigcawayan is purely an agricultural area. Common Industrial activities are rice and corn mills. There are (11) Ricemills (electric operated) found in Poblacion (2), Tubon (4), North and South Manuangan (2), Upper Baguer (10), Balogo (1), and Capayuran (1). Aside from these, there are also Twenty (20) Baby Cono/Kiskisan that can be found in (13) barangays.

Processed milled rice by Rice Mills are usually brought/sold to Cotabato City, Davao City and in some parts of South Cotabato. Milled rice produced by “Kiskisan/Baby Cono” were usually for households consumption by residents of barangays.

There are three (3) cottage industries such as furniture shops using wood, bamboo and rattan. Other industries are Rice grinder, mini sawmill and machine shops. Visit Website

Second District

Antipas
Antipas

The municipality of Antipas long before its creation into a regular municipality was just a mere Sitio called Buru-Buruan of Barangay Kiyaab of the Municipality of Matalam which is inhabited mostly by Manobos. Due to continuous influx of Christian settlers in the area, the Municipal Council of Matalam passed a resolution in 1963, approved by the defunct Provincial Board of Cotabato and then was consequently recognized as one of the regular barangays of Matalam, Cotabato bearing the name of Antipas

The name Antipas was derived from the two major tribes dominating the area; “Anti” from the word Anitque and “pas” from Passi, two places found in Panay Island.

The enthusiasm of the natives and their determination to run their own affairs coupled with the fertility of the soil and a promise of a brighter future of the area brought forth the unified will of the people when they petitioned the National Government through the Provincial Government headed by then Governor Carlos B. Cajelo and represented by Assemblyman Jesus Amparo of the Batasang Pambansa. On October 14, 1980 by virtue of Batas Pambansa Bilang 88, approved by President Ferdinand E. Marcos, ratified by the people of the Municipality of Matalam on December 6, 1980 and ultimately inaugurated on March 7, 1981, Antipas was created as the 15th municipality of Cotabato.

Geography
Antipas is centrally located at the heart of Arakan Valley. It si bounded on the easy by the municipality of Magpet; on the North by Arakan River, on the South by Pres. Roxas; and on the west by its mother municipality, Matalam.

Natural Resources
Antipas is predominantly an agriculture area. Antipas is identified as a major corn and rubber producing area in relation to soil type and soil capability dominant in the area. Coupled with these is the potential of the area for agri-based industries like cassava, coconut and rubber, coffee and cacao

Major Industries
Industries present in the area deal with agriculture support facilities. Rice mill, corn mills, corn sheller and drier. Other industries are furniture making, tailoring and welding.

Visit Website

Arakan
Arakan

The word Arakan is derived from the Manobo term “ARA” which means abundance of natural resources in the valley and “KAN” which means heroism, bravery and valor of the early Manobo leaders and settlers of the area. The word “ARAKAN”[3] then was named referring to one of the rivers of the valley. Arakan is basically a territory of a number of ethno-linguistic groups, predominantly of the Manobo-Kulamanon and Manobo-Tinananon tribes. The names of the two (2) big rivers in Arakan were also from these ethnic groups of the Kulaman and Tinanan Rivers. The original settlers of the place are the Manobos, which were believed to have originally come from the string of islands in the Malayan Peninsula and Borneo. This assumption is based on their language structure which has Malayan roots.

The enactment of Republic Act Bo. 7152 dated August 30, 1991 created the municipality of Arakan, Province of Cotabato, Philippines aims to enhance the attainment of peace and order and that of a sustainable economic condition of the twenty eight (28) Barangays.

Today, for the last six (6) months of its existence one sees some remarkable changes in the area of responsibility of this infant municipality. These are reflected in the rapid development of its people and the land area resources to include the rapid expansion of the road networks ( barangay, municipal, provincial and even National roads).

Kidapawan City
Kidapawan

Kidapawan, the city hailed as “A Spring in the Highland”, comes from the words “tida” which means spring and “pawan” meaning highland. The city is found at the bottom of the majestic Mt. Apo, the country’s tallest mountain making it a great spot and first-rate tourist attraction.

Geography
Kidapawan City is located Southeastern portion of Cotabato Province;located almost midway of the cities of Davao and Cotabato at a distance of 110 km and 120 km, respectively.

Industries
The cutflower industry is a good source of livelihood among Cotabateños, especially those residing in Kidapawan City. In addition to ornamental and forest tree seedlings, flowers such as roses, anthuriums and orchids are abundantly grown locally providing a very promising and highly profitable source of livelihood and business in the area.

Kidapawan city also prides itself as the fruit basket of the Philippines. Exotic fruits like Durian, Mangosteen, Lanzones, Marang, Rambutan, Banana, and the like are grown and harvested in abundance from the rolling highlands of Mt. Apo, passing through the wide plains of the rural communities of Kidapawan City, and down into the backyard of every household.

Visit Website

Magpet
Magpet

Magpet derived its name from the word “Malotpot” which means “a place where people gather in fellowship to partake of their packed lunch wrapped in banana leaves”.

An anonymous lexicographer inadvertently shortened the word “Linoppot” to “Maupot”. Much later and further spelled into “MAGPET” by a certain forester in his survey report. Consequently, the word “Magpet” stuck not only to mean the place but also the stream of the cool, fresh and clean water. By the present connotation, Magpet means “the verdant lands of countless waters”.

Geography
Magpet is located in the eastern part of Cotabato province and in the foothills of Mt Apo with generally slopping and mountainous terrain. It is bordered in the south by Kidapawan City and on the north by the Municipality of Arakan.

Natural Resources
Several rivers located in Magpet are being tapped for irrigation development and potential for hydro power plants. Others are the major tributaries to Kabacan River, which flows to many barangays of Magpet, to the Municipalities of Pres. Roxas, Matalam, Kabacan, Carmen and connects with Pulangi River. As a major source of water supply, it served for irrigation purposes, servicing thousands of hectares of rice fields not only in the Municipality of Magpet, but also in the various areas of the Province as well.

Mineral products found in the municipality of Magpet include non-metallic like limestone, sand and gravel which are the basic good materials for constructions while the red and white clay, considered as among the best in the country, are good materials for ceramic production.Visit Website

Makilala
Makilala

    The Municipality of Makilala which is a First Class municipality and formerly a baranggay with a name of “Lamitan” was created by virtue of Executive Order No. 63 issued on September 8, 1954 by then President of the Philippines, Ramon Magsaysay.

Makilala is a tagalong word meaning “To be Known” which is derived from the combination of the first syllables of the three big barrios of the area. These are Malasila, kisante and Lamitan and an additional “la” was added to attain its tagalog term.

Geography
The municipality of Makilala is located on the south-east portion of Cotabato Province and the last town going to Davao City. It is bounded by the municipality of Kidapawan in the North, Municipality of M’lang in the west, Province of Davao Del Sur in the south and the Municipality of Tulunan in the south-east.

Natural Resources
Their agricultural land mostly planted with rubber, rice, coconut, coffee, bananan, vegetables and famous fruits such as durian, marang, rambutan and mangosteen.

Industries
Industries in Makilala are Rubber Industry, Woodworks and Agri-industrial products.

Major firms are STANFILCO-DOLE , engaged in cavendish production and rubber processing companies like STANDECO, FARMA, MRDI, PIONEER, LASRI, MRI, and DAVCO. Major wood processing company is RNF Summit.  Visit Website

Pres. Roxas
Pres. Roxas

Most of the territories comprising the new municipality were formerly part of Kidapawan, the mother municipality extending up to the borders of Bukidnon are the vast Arakan plains, which could boast of its rich and fertile valley suitable for agricultural crops such as rubber, coffee, sugar cane, palay and corn.

Barrio Kabacan, renamed Barrio President Roxas that eventually became the seat of the municipal government was an insignificant area before 1951. In fact, it was Barrio Labuo, where the Manobo Chieftain, Datu Guabong Linog resided with his people who was thriving the area even before the outbreak of the World War II. The Manobo natives have learned to co- exist with the settlers from Visayas and Luzon. After the war, floods of emigrants from different parts of the country continued to arrive at a much faster rate so that by 1957, they had occupied almost all the vast fertile land of the Arakan plains. By this time settlers of Barrio President Roxas had bonded together into an organization called “La castellana home seekers Association” whose membership were mostly people from negros Occidental. This group helped enhanced the rapid development of the area outpacing the rest of the earlier settlements.

In the early 60’s, Barrio President Roxas became a booming logging community. The concessionaires constructed logging roads extending beyond the Arakan Valley, making it the center of commerce and Agriculture. In the early part of 1970, the road, which was constructed by logging companies stationed at Poblacion was utilized as the main route of transportation in going out to Kidap[awan passing Barangay Tuael through Barangay Binay and Poblacion of the Municipality of Magpet. It was in 1967 when the National Highway at km. 114 Paco, Kidapawan was opened. This project propelled the growth of programs and development in the area. Mobility of the people became easy not only in President Roxas but also of the entire Arakan Valley which is composed of five (5) municipalities.

Geographical Location
The municipality of President Roxas is bounded on the north by the Municipality of Arakan, on the south by Kidapawan, on the west by Matalam and on the east by the Municipality of Magpet.

Industries
Banana Chip Making / Fish Crackers / Sandal Making /Macaroni Chips / Native Chicken Production

Tulunan
Tulunan

The Tulunan is derived from a Maguindanaon word “tulun” which means “a place of abundance” or “where grace fall”. The early settlers of the place were mostly Muslim tribes who settled in the lowlands. The nomadic tribes like the B’laans, Bagobos and Tirurays occupied the hills and mountains. The first system of government was datuism and the first ruling datu of the place was believed to be Datu Enok. With the coming in of the Christian settlers from Luzon and Visayas and the inter- marriages between the new settlers with the inhabitants of the place, a marked increase in the population was noted.

Geography
Tulunan is geographically located at the south most tip of Cotabato Province. On the North, it is bounded by M’lang; Datu Paglas, Maguindanao on the South; by Liguasan Marsh on the west; and by Makilala on the Northeastern portion.

Natural Resources
Agricultural products like rice and corn, upland rice, legumes, green onions, root crops, tobacco, rubber, vegetables, sorghum and coconuts.

Third District

Banisilan
Banisilan

According to a reliable information from prominent Datus and Sultans Banisilan accidentally acquired its name from fresh water shell called Banisil which are then abundant in the area.

Before Banisilan was created as separate municipality from Carmen, its mother town, the late President Ramon Magsaysay signed Proclamation No. 317 dated July 17, 1956 reserving an area of 100,018 hestares of land for resettlement project whish is under the general administration (NARRA), now know as the Department of Agrarian reform.

This resettlement project covers three (3) municipalities and part of these is the North Cotabato Resettlement Project No. 1. as years passed, hundreds of landless and qualified coming from almost all parts of the country were resettled in the area. On March 19, 1959 the first batch of settlers from Panay called SAKADA headed by the late Jesus T. Alisasis who become the first vice-mayor, set foot Banisilan and in the succeeding months, other tribes from Luzon followed.

Geography
Located at the Northern quadrant of Cotabato Province bounded on the north by the municipality of Wao, Lanao del Sur, on the east to northeast by the municipality of Carmen and Bukidnon, on the west by Alamada, On the South by the municipality of Pikit.

Natural Resources
Predominantly an agricultural area devoted to agri-production like corn, palay, rubber sugar cane and fruit trees.

Carmen
Carmen

Carmen derived its name from a certain Surveyor del Carmen, chief of the Cadastral Survey Party, who in 1924 conducted a survey in the area. During the American period, Carmen and Kabacan belonged to one municipal district under Pikit. It was by virtue of Presidential Proclamation NO. 46 and, was reinforced by Executive Order No. 214 issued by the then President Ramon Magsaysay last November 15, 1956 when Carmen was created as a separate and distinct town of Kabacan.

When created a municipality, it was composed of Thirty Eight (38) barangays. Ten barangays were either claimed or ceded to the two adjacent municipalities, Banisilan and President Roxas. Six by the municipality of Banisilan and four to the municipality of President Roxas. Now, only twenty eight (28) barangays remain in which are presently inhabited by the so called Tri-people composed of the Christians, the Muslims and Indigenous Peoples belonging to the Manobo-Aromanon ethnic group.

Before it was named Carmen, early inhabitants called this large tract of land “Kalalaw” a Muslim term meaning “jar of water”, because legend tells that there was once a big Balite tree with a continuous reservoir of water under its dense foliage, that even in long dry seasons, it had never dried up.

Later on, when early settlers came and cultivated large portions of land in what is now the Poblacion, the whole place was unofficially called “Landing” because of the Landing Field reservation of approximately two hundred (200) hectares. The name “Landing” later on changed to Carmen in honor of del Carmen.

Geography
The Municipality of Carmen is bounded by the Province of Bukidnon on the north, on the east by the municipalities of Pres. Roxas and Kabacan, on the south by the Province of Maguindanao, and on the west by the Municipality of Aleosan. It is embraced from the northeast, then east, then south by the Mulita and the Rio Grande rivers; from the northwest, then west, then southwest, by the Malitubog and Maridagao rivers. It is approximately 28 kilometers away from the capital town of Kidapawan.

Natural Resources
The commonly known minerals present in the municipality are sand and gravel which volume and potential are good sources for quarrying but which up to the present are mostly untapped. Other metallic substance of high commercial value are known to be present but these are still unexplored.

Other resources present in the municipality are the large volume of limestone that can be processed into cement. Guano also abounds in numerous caves in the municipality such as in barangays Liliongan and Tonganon. Guano can be manufactured into fertilizers.

Industries
Since the municipality is an agricultural area, most of the industries are agri-based. Seven barangays have cono rice mills a barangay have kiskisan, 4 barangays have rubber roller mills. Total is 13 cono rice mill, 12 kiskisan and 5 rubber rollers. There is a bright prospect on cottage industries, which utilized raw materials like rattan and bamboo. Rattan craft in barangays Dado could possibly generate employment to its residents. The 40 hectares bamboo plantation at Barangay Guiling can provide fro raw materials to the bamboo craft at Kitacubong. This cottage industry is gaining support and acceptance from local residents considering the affordability and its unique qualities. Technology transfer and skills training have been conducted in the area. Its clients are the prospective entrepreneurs in rattan, bamboo and coconut crafts. Recipientss of the training and development seminars are: RIC Camansi, Lower Dado, Pacao, Raradangan the DTI-CARP has establish a Multi-Purpose Hot dryer at Barangay Pacao, the said project generate employment and income from drying service. Barangay Parauran and Pacao could possibly support a fruit juice making industry, the 500 mango trees could adequately supplies for this industry.

Kabacan
Kabacan

The municipality of Kabacan was a barrio of Pikit before its creation as a district political body. It was created as a regular municipality by virtue of Executive Order No. 82 dated August 18, 1947, issued by President Manuel Roxas of the Republic of the Philippines

Gradual was the growth of the area under the domain of Datu Mantawil and that influx of settlers from Luzon and Visayas arrived in 1930’s. This was made so when the Mclareen family sold its hacienda to Messer. Jose Yulo Alano, Rafael Alunan and party who organize a company under the cooperate name of Rio Grande Estate. The company be came the people’s place of business and social center. Recognizing his immense power and leadership over the area, the Provincial Governor of Cotabato organizes the Kabacan into a Municipal District with Datu Mantawil as its first mayor in 1935.

Geography
Kabacan is centrally located in Cotabato Province. It is bounded on the North by the Municipality of Pres. Roxas, on the east by the Mun. of Matalam,  M’lang on the south and on the west by the Municipalities of Carmen and  Datu Montawal, Maguindanao. Approximately 94 kilometers away to Cotabato airport and 194 kilometers to Davao airport.

Natural Resources
Primarily agricultural crops like corn, rice, soybeans, peanut, mongo, cassava and other field crops This town is popularly known as the “Rice Production Center”, the “Rice Granary of the Province of Cotabato”. Its populace could vouch in favor of what it has been known for since it has devoted mostly its fertile domain to rice production. Corn is the secondary crop of this town.

Visit Website

M'lang
Mlang

The name M’lang was derived from a Maguindanaoan word “TAMLANG” which means BAMBOO. It lies strategically in the Southern portion of the Province of Cotabato in Central Mindanao. It is the second most populated municipality in the Province of Cotabato – third with the inclusion of the City of Kidapawan.

Geography
M’lang is strategically located at the southwestern portion of the province of Cotabato. It is bounded in the East by the municipality of Makilala and the City of Kidapawan, in the South by the municipality of Tulunan, in the North by the municipality of Matalam, and in the West by the Province of Maguindanao.

Major Industries
The Municipality of M’lang is predominantly an agricultural community, though not all areas are fully developed. It is situated on wide plains and valleys. It has ring pattern of development wherewith the different barangays surrounding the urban area ten to effect self-progress with a pattern of the grid, but generally dependent on the rural area with regards to its commerce and trade activities.

Aside from the rice production, there is still a wide opportunity for agricultural investment, specifically in the area of High Value Crop Production such as Oil Palm, Rubber, Coconut, Pomelo and Banana. With the vast land area and two irrigation systems, the municipality has a lot to offer in terms of agricultural development. Visit Website

Matalam
Matalam

The municipality of Matalam before its creation into a regular municipality the (Poblacion) which is now the set of government is just a mere Sitio of Kilada called “Crossing M’lang” within the jurisdiction of the municipality of Kabacan. Because of its strategic location coupled with the strong desire of the people through the able leadership of both civic and religious leader, petitioned the provincial and national government for its creation into a regular municipality.

Geography
Matalam is a palm shape municipality. It is centrally located right at the heart of the province of Cotabato. It is bounded on the east by the municipality of Kidapawan; on the west by Kabacan; on the south by M’lang and on the North bu Municipalities of President Roxas and Carmen. It lies along the Cotabato-Davao National Highway occupying the large portion of the famous Arakan Valley.

Natural Resources
Mineral resources is found on the mountainous portion with properties such as shale sandstone, conglomerate, limestone, igneous rock and other volcanic materials.

Investment Opportunities
The development of Matalam as municipality is greatly associated with the history of Kabacan, its mother town. Matalam was a tiny community then.

Matalam was finally recognized as developing community when it was formally separated from Kabacan and was created into a municipality in 1958. From then on, economic activity progressed.

Matalam’s market and other commercial establishments are the hub of activity in the said area. Commercial establishments in the town include the following: bakeries, gasoline dealers, copra dealers, sari-sari stores, beta houses, carenderias, hardwares, grains retailers, fish dealers, and many more.

Rice, corn and copra are commodities which are very much in demand in the local trade. Due to lack of supply, rice and corn grits are sometimes brought in from the mainland. These are retailed in the market for local consumption.

 

 

Top
Scold decidedly accutane and birth control valued hello reliable place to buy ambien online doorway sweet buy antibiotics at pet store wheeled tube buy cheap cialis in canada cluster coats buy codeine syrup online uk guy bladders cheap klonopin overnight delivery trap stadium buy levitra no doctor smear article phentermine 37.5 average weight loss smash trigger buy propecia dose emotion delicate buy sildenafil online uk tenant partner tadalafil india hours portion order tramadol.com marco ice order valium online reviews control gang can you order valtrex online professor flash viagra buy 24 dwight inherent buy xanax 0.5mg navigation deploy